Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Met KL : Misspopsasa's makeover

The last time i got my hair colored was right before flying to Sydney for a short vacation, which was in mid december. loved my purple hair, it was vibrant and rich! unfortunately the color never can last long especially when i need to frequently wash it due to my job. i know it isn't healthy to keep coloring it almost every month but i really can't stand the sight of dull looking hair.

Chinese new year was just around the corner, 2 days to be exact! i assumed that most saloons would probably have been fully booked but i took a chance and tried my luck! no surprise, my usual saloon was of course fully booked. and well, google to the rescue it was! probably the best invention EVER. so anyway i got to discover a few highly recommended hair saloons around KL. The Met KL caught my eye, especially when the blogger specifically mentioned that their hair color is very lasting. gave them a call and got my spot for the next day!

Their outlet is located right next to Park Royal Hotel in KL right across from Sungai Wang.

Teng who is their color technician suggested i should get a hair cut and i couldn't agree more, can't even remember the last time i got a haircut.. she brought Chuan, the hair stylist to see what magic he could do to recreate my look. i think he is probably a mind reader because what he suggested was what i've always wanted! basically he segmented my hair, top short and bottom long. that creates more volume and sassiness. i don't normally tie my hair up whenever i teach dance so it will have loads of movement without really covering my entire face.. "now you see me, now you don't" kinda feel ;)

Chuan's very passionate at his hair cutting, you can see it as he takes his time and sees through all the details.

DSC_1987

after haircut

Teng came back to discuss the coloring and she suggested Copper. only red base colors are allowed for my hair because due to my previous coloring, the red color hasn't faded enough. Red and Purple is out of the question cause i wanted a change..

so.. COPPER? REALLY?

the first thing that came to my mind was that i might look very "lala" in it and i actually have tried copper years back and it wasn't a good experience, i'll just leave it as that.

after much contemplation, COPPER IT WAS!

Let the highlights begin...
Untitled

Untitled

I also got my hair treatment done after the coloring for longer lasting color, moisture and all that good stuff! the guy who proceed with my hair treatment gave me an ultimate explanation about the steps and products he was applying on my hair. impressed i was :)

The amazing results! fell in love with the color, it really does POP! especially under the sunlight as you can see below :)

Teng cheekily said i looked like an anime character because my eyebrows were too dark for my hair color, so i started rubbing off the eyebrow make up i had on!! HAHAHA! :(

Untitled

Thank you Teng and Chuan for the really cool makeover! Love it :) i will be back soon!


DSC_2003

That sums up my first hair experience at The Met KL, they really do Worship your hair :)
They are famous for using everything REDKEN so you know you're having quality products on your crown :)
xoxo,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment