Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Taipei 101 Part 1 (August, 2014)

Taiwan has never been in my 'To Travel List' and it is probably because i for one don't speak fluent mandarin/hokkien (failed chinese, i know right..) so i would definitely feel mega terrified and lost if i were to gallivant without a tour guide. Secondly, Taiwan has never really appealed to me in the sense of their culture, their food (beef noodles is the only exception), scenery and atmosphere. BUT clearly my mindset about Taiwan had changed drastically after my short stay there.

What i loved most about this trip was its spontaneousness! My 3 boy friends had planned this trip many moons ago thinking it would be just a boys adventure around Taipei but i guess they couldn't do without my annoying presence! muahaha! Anyway they were quite convincing and so i took the leap of booking my flight ticket after one day of them leaving for Taipei. YES! We didn't go together because i had some obligations to fulfill, so i booked a later flight and joined them for 4 days instead of 8 :) 

It was my very first flight alone, mom and dad must have been so proud of me! But at the same time they were probably shitting their pants in all nervousness. Hehehe!

928033_676070082480828_281977651_n
I'm quite sure that most of us get extra concern about who will be seated next to us whenever we travel alone and would be completely grateful that a decent person is put next to us throughout the entire flight. Imagine a crybaby next to you for hours or somebody who frequently emits foul odor! *faints repeatedly*

Thankfully the person next to me was a decent and friendly taiwanese man who speaks pretty good english! Coincidentally, he was the same person who saved me when my ticket accidentally slipped out of my hand while running into the departure hall. Fated much? It took approximately a good 4 and a half hours to fly from KL to Taipei.

I sent an arrival video clip to mommy! Way too much excitement in that face!


Poor Jone and Yang had to wait an hour for me to get out because i got held up at the immigration and it seemed like forever! According to my friends, people in Taiwan tend to do things much slower, i guess that explains it all. Them boys made the taxi driver wait, i felt soooooo bad but not my fault right? :( hahaha! On the bright side, OMG WAS SO SO HAPPY TO SEE THEM! All of them, especially Yang put on weight after 4 days in Taipei! Apparently they treated 7Eleven like their second home, day and night trying all sorts of instant food, bottled drinks and snacks! 

My jaw dropped when i saw their room, which was also gonna be mine! It took me awhile to digest what a mess the place was. A life of 3 couch potatoes! No worries though because Mel is here to rescue! You guys shall see light... lmao!

DSC_0130

Taipei 101 and I
DSC_0139
DSC_0150
LA Cafe @ VIESHOW Cinemas
Where you can dine and have bikini girls serve you ;)
I hope that cup is only used for dogs though hahaha!
DSC_0153
DSC_0163 DSC_0145

Bellavista @ Xinyi District
You'd probably want to shop here if your pocket can jingle!
DSC_0168 DSC_0180
DSC_0174 DSC_0184 DSC_0187 DSC_0188 DSC_0194
swag walk, what red light?


Where we had our dinner! Don't ask me where because i really didn't know where i was lol.

DSC_0189
DSC_0203
while waiting to be seated.. fool around with a bottled green tea.
DSC_0197
DSC_0213
The restaurant was full and so we got to experience eating tai chow food in an art studio!
DSC_0222
CHEERS! we met up with Jone's good friend Derrik
Food below screams FOODGASM IN MA MOUTH!
DSC_0217
stir-fried bamboo shoot with salted egg
DSC_0267
fried squid
DSC_0251
DSC_0259
oyster + mushroom
DSC_0253 DSC_0228
black pepper liver
DSC_0263 DSC_0260
DSC_0223 DSC_0273 DSC_0272
After 5 minutes of walking...
We gave up and took a taxi back.

Got dressed and all ready to party!

IMG_2132

We ended up at Spark @ ATT 4 Fun and for the first time we queued up to get in! It was no ordinary queue but a super long ass queue! I'm actually not gonna complain because there were hot taiwanese boys and girls everywhere and you don't get such atmosphere back home.

IMG_2135
Sweaty us after partying hard! 
IMG_2147
Jone, my dance partner! who knew he could groove so well ;)
 IMG_2154
Yang felt sick before going in but came out healthy after! HAHAHA!
Fab fab fab!

to be continued...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment